You may know me from my work or my hobbies.
I’ve worn a lot of hats: teacher/trainer, writer/editor, websites manager, plain language expert.
Find out more about what I do and think.
See me in person
- Hear me in 09/26/19 – Do We Make the Grade for Clear Communications and Clear Results? Two US PL Organizations and the Federal Report Card
Follow and friend me on social media
- Follow me on Twitter
- Friend me on Facebook
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Read my GovLoop blogs from January-March, 2016
Take my plain language training
- Confab 2018 lightning talk:Plain Language without Tears
- See joint presentation at 2017 Plain International at Graz, Austria on PLAIN social media/outreach
- Plain Language Spectrum: Every Step Counts! 2017 UXDC Conference
- January 2016 plain language podcast: 10-Minute Tech Comm
- From Digital Gov University
- From Govloop Academy class (free, from one of my DGU webinars)
Read my articles
- “Make Your Firm’s Web Site Bios Mean Business,” Strategies: The Journal of Legal Marketing October 2004, V6, N10, pp. 12-14.
- “False Alarms: Public Safety/Private Sector: Working Together to Solve the Problem” Police Chief, June 1997, LXIV(6) pp. 44-52.
- “Spivey’s March Through Poetry,” The Northern Virginia Review, Fall 1991, pp. 19-20.